Barbed wire fence is a modern anti-intrusion safety fence material. They are usually made of hot-dip galvanized technology and come in a wide range of twist types such as single twist barbs, double twist barbs, or the good old-fashioned traditional twist barbs. It can be installed on the top of walls and other buildings to frighten and deter aggressive intruders around you by forming spiked barriers. It is quite sturdy and durable, thus making it very suitable for protection from wild animals. On the other hand, it can also help you to improve the protection detail of your property, pasture, and even farmland.
So are you planning to build one around your property? Then, you must be careful when building a fence. Otherwise, it could turn out to be hurting yourself in the process of building it. So if you want to avoid it, here are a few steps that you need to follow for building it:
- First of all, mark the corners and their positions.
- Then, attach 6″ x 8″ wooden brackets to the ends and place H-support brackets on the corners. Remember, it should be anchored at a distance of 3.5 to 4 inches from the ground, maintained 4 feet above the ground, and the length of the joists adjusted.
- In case you need a longer fence, carefully loosen the ends of the 4-20″ barbed wire, tie it around the starting point, and return it to the bottom as per the height of the wire.
- Finally, stretch the thread, cut it to size and tie it to the desired height as before.
- Then, cut the barbed wire to the specified length and tie it as before.
- The first wire should be placed along the line with some tension, raised to a height of 4″ to 6″, to get a straight line and then unwound. This process should be repeated until a straight line is drawn from one end to the other. This process can break the wire and form a straight line leading to the fence.
- Use the first wire as a straight pulley 15 to 20 inches from the base of the rope and adjust spacing as needed. Space to “leave” the wire during punching (do not overtighten the wire).
- When installing the linen base, make sure all pressure points (vertical or horizontal) are correct and strong enough to withstand tensile strength. For example, add a 5″ x 6″ x 8″ wooden pole (multiply if necessary) to the slope or lower area and to the crown or raised area.
- Repeat the same for additional strands to improve the security of the fence.
Now that is the ideal way of building a barbed-wire fence. Follow the steps carefully to build a perfect one around your property.
If you are wondering which barbed wire mesh you should go for, then Tata Wiron would be one of the most trusted manufacturers all over the country. Moreover, their services and support will help you build your barbed wire fence with ease.