Fences can improve safety, contain livestock, prevent scavengers from entering, divide fields, and prevent young children from leaving your property. A sturdy 5-foot high wood and wire fence can help you create a safe area in your yard. On the other hand, you can also customize it as per your needs like creating a door on one side to facilitate entry and exit.
That might make you think it is quite easy, however, it takes effort and time to build a strong structure during installation, the result will be a strong fence that can last a long time. So, here is a step-by-step guide that can help you build one with ease.
- Measure the area you want to fence to mark the location of the post and calculate the wire you need.
- If you plan to place a pillar every 7 feet, divide the number by 7, and if you plan to place a pillar every 12 feet, divide the number by 7.
- Sprinkle chalk to mark the points of the pillars. Add two additional posts to the resulting graph for the gate.
- Use a pole digger to dig a 24-inch deep hole in the ground directly above the marked point. Then tamper the bottom of the hole level it up. Dig holes for the remaining pillars in the same way.
- Make some concrete mixture in a wheelbarrow by adding water to the concrete and mixing it with a trowel.
- Add a 6-inch thick layer of concrete to the bottom of each hole and place a pillar vertically on it.
- Then pour the concrete into the hole until it is 4 to 6 inches from the top and let it cure.
- Once dry, add soil to the concrete in the hole. Tamp the soil with your hands to hold it in place.
- Now start unrolling the fence wire pack. Get someone to help you prop it up and wrap one end of the wire around the corner post.
- Use a heavy-duty staple gun and galvanized staples to tighten and fix the post. Insert staples at the top, middle, and bottom of the column. If necessary, add additional staples along the column to increase stability.
- Extend the wire to the second post. Before binding the bale to the column, ask someone to hold the bale firmly while you are pulling the bale tightly.
- Repeat this process to bind the network cable to the pillars in the entire area until you reach the last pillar (next to the first pillar). Use wire cutters to cut off the excess wires.
- Now that you are done with the fence, it’s time for you to put the gate in place. Install two pairs of hinges on one side of the gate and the adjacent pillar. Install the latch on the other side of the gate and on the adjacent pillar.
Now that you know how to build a wood and wire fence, try setting up one for your yard. Moreover, since you would be needing some help try setting it up with your family as a pass time. If you are worried about their safety and don’t want them to get hurt in the process, try Tata Wiron Wire mesh which is safe, and yes, don’t forget to wear gloves.